Sunday, October 23, 2011
Today we went to church. It was my first church service in another country and was so powerful. They started out singing, and I can tell you it was so different than how we worship! They were moving, holding up their arms, singing loudly and really being joyful about it. I loved it. Then Tammy shared her testimony. It was so interesting and incorporated her struggles and emotional battles with God's perfect plan and timing. I loved it and thank her for putting so much effort and being so prepared for it. Afterwards, my Dad taught from 2 Corinthians. He and Misiker corresponded well with translating. After church was finished, we spent about 45 minutes visiting with a few kids and adults. The Foremans performed one of their many talents again: delighting kids with oragami (they've even taught Jonathan our translator the art!) The kids love getting their pictures taken :) We then ventured to a Kindergarten teacher's house where we presented the wheelchair to her. She was ecstatic. She cried with joy and was laughing, it was so cool to see. Misiker then toured us through Wonji where we took a quick pitstop to play pingpong with the local champions :) We got back to the hotel with happy hearts and had an early dinner. Alora and Eryn then shared the rest of their Bible study on how to trustfully wait upon the Lord. Those two have a gift of vocalizing and expressing themselves with understandable examples and thoughts. Thank you Foreman ladies :) Well, I'm off to bed. Some members of the team are going to visit a church that is almost about to fall over from termites eating away the foundation. We will be going through the town to see this so I'm looking forward to it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment